Bollin Primary School has completed a turbulent year with a raft of sporting achievements in local, regional and national events.
Six teams at the Bowdon school have become Trafford Schools champions after competing in six tournaments for pop lacrosse, hockey, tri-golf and kwik cricket.
The Bollin’s lacrosse team has also progressed to the national finals for the first time in the school’s history, eventually finishing a highly creditable fifth.
Bollin teams were also successful in a series of other competitions:
- Year 5/6 mixed Hockey league Trafford Champions
- Joint winners of the Girls’ Football Wellington Shield
- Greater Manchester Games Tri-Golf Champions: Year 3/4 and Year 5/6
- Trafford representatives for Cheshire in Boys and Girls Kwik Cricket County Finals
- Winners Diamond Cricket Festival Year 3/4
- Manchester United Tournament Boys Football semi-finalists
“Bollin has established a formidable reputation for sport over recent years and the achievements of the children this year in particular is absolutely outstanding,” said Mrs Spark, Interim Headteacher, Bollin Primary School.
“We are incredibly proud of the commitment and belief of the children and these results are the culmination of a clear vision for sport at the school and much hard work to achieve it.”
Overall, participation of children in sports at Bollin school has increased by 1000% in the last 10 years and it’s been awarded a Gold Sainsbury’s school games kitemark for the fourth year running.