Police, Fire & Court

Fire crews attend tumble dryer blaze at Hale Country Club

By David Prior at

Three crews attended a fire at Hale Country Club on Clay Lane in Timperley last night.

Fire engines from Altrincham, Sale and Wythenshawe attended the scene at 2.39am.

They discovered a fire that had originated in a tumble dryer in the drying room of the club.

Firefighters used one hose reel to tackle the fire and cleared smoke from the area with a positive pressure fan, and then monitored the building with a thermal imaging camera to check for any remaining pockets of fire.

Firefighters remained at the scene for around 90 minutes.

We’ve contacted the club this morning for more details of the incident.