Altrincham’s Household Waste Recycling Centre is to relax its restrictions and allow certain items to be accepted for recycling.
With effect from this Saturday, the Woodhouse Lane site – alongside a number of other centres in Greater Manchester – will let residents bring garden waste, cardboard and wood for disposal.
Since reopening on May 2nd, residents have only been able to bring bagged general waste.
General waste will continue to be accepted and residents can bring small items of bulky waste that cannot fit in their household waste bin.
However, electrical items, white goods, mattresses or rubble will not be accepted. Containers for these items will be introduced over the coming weeks.
The restrictions and safety measures that have helped to ensure the success of the partial reopening measures introduced on 2 May will remain in place. Suez, which operates the centres on behalf of Recycle for Greater Manchester, says that containers for these items will be introduced “in the coming weeks”.
Suez say the measures taken to ensure social distancing and traffic management at its sites have so far been a “success”.
Here’s a recap of the restrictions that are currently in place:
- An odd and even number plate system is in place, which means you can only visit on certain days
- Cars and small vans only – no transit type vans or vehicles with trailers
- Take a proof of address (print or online) such as your most recent council tax bill or utility bill – gas, electric or landline telephone relating to the property where the waste is from. Mobile phone bills and driver’s licence are not accepted
- If there are passengers in the vehicle, only one person can leave the vehicle
- No pedestrian access
- Staff will not be able to help unload your vehicle
Here are the number plates allowed over the next few days:
- Thursday 14th May – Odd
- Friday 15th May – Even
- Saturday 16th May – Even
- Sunday 17th May – Odd
- Monday 18th May – Even
- Tuesday 19th May – Odd
- Wednesday 20th May – Even
- Thursday 21st May – Even
- Friday 22nd May – Odd
- Saturday 23rd May – Even
- Sunday 24th May – Odd
For more information, visit Recycle for Greater Manchester.