Resolve ASB offer four key areas of service – training and development (including the provision of accredited BTEC training), professional practice, influencing and member services. Working with other members of the Resolve ASB team, you will provide support to all of these service areas, as well as ensuring the effective running of the office and wider business.
To be successful in your role as Business Support Officer you will bring experience of using financial systems (such as SAGE), issuing and paying invoices, debt management and excellent customer services skills. You will also be someone with an eye for detail, able to identify inefficiencies in processes and systems, and suggest and implement improvements. You will be highly efficient in all Microsoft packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
You will also be highly organised and used to working in a busy environment. As a small team which strives to do big things, you will also be flexible with regards the tasks that you undertake.
This role offers opportunity to:
- Work for a nationally recognised and respected organisation
- Learn more about the social housing sector and community safety issues
- This role will be based in Altrincham
To apply for this role, please submit:
- A CV of no more than 2 sides of A4
- A supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 which provides evidence of your suitability for the role based on this advert and the job description/personal specification detailed below
- Prepare and/or process all invoices payable and receivable
- Administer appropriate payroll functions for the company
- Work to an effective debt management process
- Be first point of contact with all financial contractors (e.g. accountant)
- Coordinate all general office activities such as dealing with post, incoming emails, paying service contracts, ordering stationary etc.
- Be the first point of contact for all stakeholders, including members, customers, directors etc.
- Ensure that all stakeholder contact details are up to date
- Provide administrative support to other officers within the organisation
- Be responsible for all back-end functions of the company website including but not limited to; dealing with user problems, updating content and identifying and implementing system/content improvement.
- Identify opportunities for development and/or efficiency and implement new processes to support these.
- Attend and support the arrangements for external events such as conferences and regional meetings
Person Specification: Business Support Officer
- Using the Sage financial management system (or similar)
- Proactively following up non-payment of invoices
- Working in an office environment and providing administrative support
- Identifying problems or inefficiencies and creating solutions for these
- Using all Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Using and creating spreadsheets, ability to undertake tasks such as mail merge, setting up pivot tables etc.
- Arranging events, including booking venues, setting agenda etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Resilience and agile – ability to work in a small team which operates in a demanding environment
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Using websites, preferably back-end functions such as uploading content and resetting passwords etc.