Careers Adviser (11 to 18)
SO1 Points 29 – 31 (pay award pending)
Actual Salary £13,475
Part-time 21.75 hours per week (3 days) – Term Time only (plus 6 days during August)
We are an 11-18 College with 1,145 pupils on roll. In September 2011 we opened our Sixth Form in a £6.5m building to add Post 16 excellence to our already outstanding achievements. The school is rapidly expanding because of its overwhelming popularity and we are appointing a number of people to our excellent school.
The starting date for this position is as soon as possible. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, ambitious and hard working person to develop their career in a forward thinking school with exceptional standards of achievement and care. Ofsted judged our school as Outstanding in every area and since then we have embarked on a programme to make ourselves an exceptional educational provider.
We require a qualified, highly motivated individual to oversee information and guidance provision for students in Years 7 to 13.
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and coordinating a timetable of opportunities to provide information, advice and guidance to all pupils from 11 – 18 years. They will also support staff, students and pupils by delivering impartial and effective advice, liaising closely with Higher Education providers and businesses.
We are looking for the following:
- Inspiration, energy and passion about learning and career guidance
- Proven experience of informing and guiding learners onto successful futures
- Willing to make a contribution to the future development to our college
- Strong desire to work as a team and take initiative to develop careers guidance
- High standards of professional conduct, appearance and expectations of staff and students
We can offer:
- A supportive and committed Headteacher and Leadership Team
- A school with an exciting future and desire to continuously improve
- Highly motivated and talented staff with a strong team ethic
- A warm friendly atmosphere based on family values
- Highly motivated and well behaved students
Informal visits are welcome – please contact the school to arrange.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 28th September 2017 at 12.00 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.