We are looking to appoint a well-organised and reliable person for May and June 2018 whose main focus will be to provide examination invigilation for both internal and external exams within the school and to assist in the processing of external examination administration.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, hardworking, a good team player and have the ability to work under pressure.
Full training will be provided.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st March at 12.00 noon
Main Purpose of the Job
- To support the Examination Officer with the day-to-day operation of examination venues
Main Responsibilities and tasks
- To assist with setting-up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with strict procedures;
- To assist candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues;
- To offer advice and guidance to candidates without allocated seats;
- To ensure that candidates do not talk once inside examination venues;
- To invigilate during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures;
- To check attendance during examinations;
- To record details of late arrivals;
- To escort candidates from venues during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues;
- To collect and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures;
- To supervise candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.