We are currently seeking a dynamic Pre-School Manager to lead the team at Penguin Pre-School.
This is an exciting role managing a busy charity run Pre-School. The setting is open 9.30am – 12.45pm, Tuesday to Friday, with working hours being 9am – 1.15pm for 36 weeks per year. You will work closely with the Committee who are responsible for overseeing the running of the Pre-School.
- To lead the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage, including overseeing planning and record keeping. Whilst providing outstanding leadership and operational management of the nursery.
- Maintain staff ratios at all times.
Ensure that the Pre-School is well promoted so that the cohort is maintained each year.
- Building strong relationships with parents and engaging the local community.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Remain up to date with current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of regular staff meetings, planning meetings and parent’s meetings and other events.
- Manage, recruit, train, support and inspire an outstanding staff team.
- Ultimate responsibility for the care and well-being of the children within the setting.
- Use the computer effectively for storing information and maintaining up to date lists of attendees and prospective attendees.
- Working with the treasurer and accountant ensure that the finances of the Pre-School are considered and that financial forecasting is monitored and maintained.
If you are passionate about childcare and want to make a difference, then please contact us to find out if this could be the perfect position for you!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and staff; therefore, all appointments require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), as well as appropriate references.
Job Type: 21 hours per week – term time only
Salary: dependent on experience
Recent managerial experience in a similar setting
Minimum 2 years Management experience
Level 3 Childcare qualifications or above
Please submit your CV and a covering letter by emailing email@example.com