Police, Fire & Court

Fire crews called to Broadheath house after kitchen blaze

By David Prior at

Firefighters were called to a house in Broadheath yesterday after a kitchen blaze.

Three crews from Altrincham, Sale and Stretford were called to a semi-detached house on Barlow Road at 6.16pm last evening.

On arrival firefighters rescued the female occupier and dealt with the food smoking in the oven.

Paul Etches, Head of Prevention at GMFRS, said: “Thanks to a working smoke alarm this incident saw no injuries and thankfully did not develop into something much worse.

“It only takes seconds for a fire to start so the importance of a working smoke alarm cannot be overstated.

“Never leave your cooking unattended as the consequences may be severe. Make sure you test your smoke alarm. It may save your life.”

A specialist trauma technician assessed the lady who suffered no injuries.

Firefighters were on the scene for approximately 30 minutes.